We had a fabulous day on the lake yesterday. We were out multiple times. Used the "Big Mable" (our big 3 person inflatable that we got from Harbor for free!). The kids are getting warmed up on that one. It's nice because they can go on that and not get at all wet (the water is pretty decent, but I wouldn't call it warm). Plus, it's easy for an adult (or two) to go along with them. So far the best combo appears to be Mommy on one side, Auntie Jane on the other, and a kid in the middle. We went over and had ice cream at the little store after lunch, and then towed a stranded boat back to the other end of the lake. We also did some skiing. It's a learning process. Cyndie tried a few times, but didn't get up. Her back really started hurting her though, so she quit. I was able to get up on two skis. We'll maybe try the wake board next.
The kids have also enjoyed just swimming around the dock using the Big Mable as a boat/island. They've been working together really well with that, even taking Auntie Jane for a ride. Jane's place doesn't currently have a dock. Her neighbor/friend is getting it replaced. Fortunately, the neighbor is nice enough to let us use their, and it's a nice one. It has a good place for the boat, and a nice swimming area.
The other activity that we did was go town to the camp that I grew up at (My dad managed it from when I was 7 to 13). We wandered a round a little, played mini-golf, and then spent time at the waterfront. Emma really likes the waterslide, and both of the kids liked swimming out to the raft in the swimming area.
So that was the day's activities. The weather was beautiful ... upper 70s with a little breeze and mostly sunny. Last night it stormed, and it's been really windy so far today, so the extent of our activity has been to watch cartoons and eat! The sun is just coming out, so we'll see if the wind dies enough for us to do any boating!
2 comments:
Hey...this is the blog police...you're even further behind than I was! =) Everything OK over there?
So have you officially decided to stop blogging or has this just been a summer vacation? I hope it's the latter cuz I miss updates from you!
Post a Comment