Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cold

Yes, cold. When Cyndie and I drove out of the house today at 8am, it was -9 degrees. Yes, that's a minus sign in front of the nine. Youzas!

Great news on the rental house front. For those of you not in the know, we have had a renter, and I use that term lightly, on one side of the duplex who was decidedly less than ideal. He last paid in November, we gave him an eviction notice in mid January, and now we finally, after some delays, have him out. We'll be renting that side of the duplex to my sister Jane who is moving to Lake Geneva from Iowa (Yea! More on that some other time). So yesterday evening I went over to get the keys and garage door opener from the renter, and today we went over to assess the "damage" (none really, phew!), and to decide what to paint and how. Jane will arrive in about a week and a half, so there will be lot's of painting and cleaning going on until then.

Yesterday I played Timmy 3 or 4 times in foosball. He's pretty good. When he wins, I typically let him, though it's not too big of a stretch that he can start to honestly compete with me. He knows how to hit/kick the ball well, he just needs to understand the tactics a bit better to get a little more competitive. It's fun! We also did the traverse (from his tree fort bed to his reading spot) on the rock climbing wall a couple of times together too. Fun times!

No comments: