Tuesday, February 13, 2007

General Update

I've missed a few days in posting, so here goes ...

Saturday was indeed a big work day. Dad and I got down the upper row of cabinets that were over the stove and the fridge. We also removed the soffit that was over them. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to stretch the cables that used to run through the soffit so that they are now in the wall. That was a pain! Dad rerouted the sewer/sink exhaust pipe so that it was in the wall and did some work patching the various holes that we've had to make.

That night we went out for Indian food (the kids were baby-sat), so that was fun. We also showed Mom and Dad the new appliances we're getting (delivered on Wednesday I believe) since the appliance store shares a parking lot with the Buhkara. I think that Cyndie get's more excited about the fridge and freezer every time she sees them!

Sunday was church, then some rest and relaxation, and a little more work on the kitchen (hung a few lights and some more cleanup work on the walls/ceiling). Emma ended up staying up late (10-ish) since it was Grandma and Grandpa's last night.

Monday was a regular work day for me, and Dad and Mom flew out in the late morning (to be welcomed by the cold of Wisconsin!). Emma didn't have school (holiday), so the fam spent some time making Valentines cookies for Emma's classmates. In the evening, Cyndie and I hung some more lights, while also discovering that we'll need to move one of the beams that the contractors added to support the ceiling drywall since it did not leave enough space to hang the needed lights.

Well, that's it for now.

Neal

No comments: