There's not a whole lot to report lately. Things are falling a little bit more back to the normal routine of things. Yesterday Cyndie and I went to the granite fabrication place (where they cut the slab, and they are also the installers) to approve how they are going to cut the granite. That was fun. The granite is scheduled to get installed next Wednesday, so that will be a huge milestone! After that, the kitchen will really be usable. There are still a ton of little things to do, but we're moving along. The house is pretty much put back together now, and I think that has really helped to improve the attitude of the kids. They're going to Disneyland today (I think it's one of the last days that they can before the passes run out). Last night while Cyndie was out for coffee with Monique, I attached some of the knobs on the cabinets. It certainly changes the feel of the kitchen a bit since we're so used to not having them. I also discovered that the bolts that where included with the pulls were not long enough! Here are pictures of the knob and pull:


The pix are kind of out of proportion ... the knob is 1 inch square and the pull is one inch high by around 3 inches.
Tuesday night Emma and I had a date. We went to Target to get her some new sandals for the summer. She looked for and box which had sandals in it which had a "12" tag and tried probably 20 different pairs of shoes on. She really got a kick out of walking with the elastic cord still attaching the shoes together. In the end she got some Hello Kitty sandals that are pink and have a lot of sparkly little gems on them. We also picked Timmy up some new sandals, size 10. He has huge feet! On the way home we stopped at Coldstone to get ice cream. Emma always likes to get the "blue kind" (cotton candy). Cyndie said that she and Timmy had a really good time playing swords while we were gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment