Thursday, March 22, 2007

More Deliquency

Ah, so I'm back ... I can't think what has made the week any more busy than normal, but nonetheless, I have failed to submit any posts thus far.

So the injury ... last Saturday when Paul and I were putting in the island cabinets, while not even using any tools, let alone power tools, I somehow got something in my eye (this was around 11:30). So I tried to get it out, and then Cyndie tried to help, and an hour later it was still in there even though Cyndie couldn't see a thing. It wasn't painful, just extremely irritating. So finally Paul too me to urgent care. There I saw a doctor and he looked all around in my eye, and checked for scratches, and found nothing! How irritating (in a couple of ways). So he gave me these eye drops which killed the irritation immediately. So I'm thinking, great, I'll get back to work! But by the time I got home, the effect had worn off and the eye was killing again. So the rest of the day (save for the two hour nap in the afternoon), the eye was irritating. Not when it was perfectly still, but "only" when I blinked or moved my eye (i.e. all the time). So I just basically sat there and held my eyelid still with my hand for most of the day. Praise God, the next morning when I woke up, all was back to normal. I guess that the antibiotic ointment that the doctor prescribed helped a lot, or else my eye just naturally cleaned itself out during the night.

Sunday we pretty much finished off all the island "stuff". So now all the cabinets are in and the plywood is down. The granite fabricators came by yesterday to make templates of how to cut the granite. So we're getting very near to a fully usable kitchen. We even got our Target.com order of bar stools only two days after ordering them!

The kids are good. They seem to be "equalizing" a bit (probably helped by the fact that the kitchen and downstairs are a little less chaotic now). Monday was open house at Emma's school, so it was fun to go and see what she does there. Today Cyndie and Emma are going to Disneyland with Monique and Macy to go to the Princess lunch in California Adventure. So that's the big happenings.

Neal

No comments: