Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend highlights.

Well, here are the high lights (as I remember them).* Hopefully you who receive this via email will get it. I accidentally hit some keystroke combination and the thing published before I actually had a body to this created.

*The weekend went by rather quickly, as did the last week. I guess all this waiting for Christmas vacation is perhaps a good thing!
  • Friday = pretty normal day. Cyndie did a lot of baking.
  • Saturday morning we slept in until almost 9. The kids had a very fun time doing their own thing, making Christmas presents for us, playing. There was a bit of a mess in the kitchen when we went down there, but it was worth it to sleep in!
  • We spent some time cleaning the house for the open house on Sunday (see below).
  • Saturday afternoon was cousin Sarah's birthday party. It was a Build-a-Bear home thing that the kids totally enjoyed. We hung out there until after dinner and made it home for a late bedtime.
  • Sunday the kids sang some Christmas-y songs in church. They were both very cute!
  • After church we had an open house and Cyndie sold some Thai bags that some missionaries in Thailand are helping local ladies make. (the thing about the bags is at the bottom of that linked page). That was fun ... helped us clean the house up a bit.
  • For dinner, Grandpa came over to babysit and Cyndie and I went out to Japanese and then ran a couple of errands.
  • We got a lot of rain yesterday. Much of the snow that was on the ground is gone. It's supposed to be very cold for the next week or so. I haven't seen any weather forecasts to either confirm or deny a white Christmas.
Have a good week all!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

No we didn't get it via e-mail...but the blank blog e-mail that I got made me check your blog site directly at least since that's not "normal" for you.