Yes, today is strange, and for a number of reasons. First, the more mundane. It's December 20th, a Monday. It really feels like Christmas break already. Almost all the normal people I deal with at work are already on vacation for the rest of the year. So it's kind of like a pretend work day. I actually am being productive though!
The real reason that today is feeling most strange is that Timmy has a full day of kindergarten today. It's a one-off thing ... the kindergartners are staying all day so that they can practice the Christmas program in the afternoon. However, this is the first time ever that we will have sent the kids off to school at 8 in the morning and won't see either of them until 3:20! Cyndie and I are going to go get a light lunch or some coffee or something to both celebrate and mourn the passing of an era. I guess this is a little preview of next fall!
I don't think there's really anything else to report today. The kids Sunday school class sang yesterday in church, so that was fun. I'm busy this week with several music practices for the Christmas Eve service. Tomorrow night is the Christmas concert at Woods School.
So there you have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment