Well, we had a great time last night for Cyndie's party. I left work early to coordinate some set up etc. Emma was hilarious ... the total hostess ... in fact, if I might be so bold to use an existining name, I'd call her the hostess with the mostess (my apologies to those of you how aren't in on that joke). She was totally into setting up our house for her friends to come over to play and eat, she set up a series of smaller tables, chairs, etc. for all the kids to eat and, and she had a "boy" play area (cars) and a "girl" play area (barbies), etc. It was funny.
The adult party was fun too. It was nice to eat slowly and just sit around and talk. We had a cider/cheese fondue for an appetizer with bread, pears, and apples to dip, beef in oil fondue with curry, horse radish, and BBQ dips, salad, and for desert, ice cream balls rolled in almonds and biscote (sp?) and dipped in either chocolate or rasberry. It was delicious!
Today Cyndie leaves for the women's retreat with church. I think thats her best birthday present ... having a bit of time to unwind with no one demanding her attention! The kids and I probably won't do much other than keep out of trouble!
Neal
No comments:
Post a Comment