Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2 in the Real World

Well we're approaching some semblance of normalcy now in day two back from Cancun. After working from home yesterday, I'm in the office and even being a bit productive! Yesterday Cyndie and the kids had a nice day (parks, swims, etc) with the Armstrongs (minus Greg who also was working ... he has a convention here in town out at Grand Geneva). I got in a bit of hanging out time at the end of the day over pizza.

Not a whole lot else is happening, though we seem to have a lot of things on our plate which we're trying to prioritize so as to not become overwhelmed. The Armstrongs will be here through the weekend, then next week, the kids have Vacation Bible School at a local church (in the evenings).

One little fun twist is that we discovered a rather large hornet nest underneath our back deck. It's right above one of the windows in the basement, which is kind of cool because it allows us to observe nature in action. I went out to spray it last night after dark, but the spray I had ended up not working. We'll try again tonight.

So that's about it ... some odd ramblings and back to somewhat normal happenings.

No comments: