Neal's Report
Eat Healthier
- Eat smaller portions (smaller bites, chewing longer, using a smaller plate) - Doing poorly on this one. I'm going to blame this on Cyndie ... she's making too good of food, like the awesome Fettuccine Alfredo she made last night with shrimp and broccoli. How could I have only one helping of that?
- Two snacks a day to help manage hunger (morning and afternoon). The snacks must be either fruit or vegetable ... no carbs (a notorious DeVries week spot) - Did okay, but messed this one up a few times too.
- Drink lots of water - Check.
- No snacks after the kids go to bed - Did fairly well.
- Decaf coffee in the morning (probably unrelated to weight at all, but I have been taking blood pressure medicine, so I don't think I need the caffeine. - Check. Not a problem any more. I think I'll take this off the list for next week's update.
- Go to bed at a decent time (hard to measure this one, but it's important) - Doing okay. The main reason I wanted to do this was to ensure that I had enough energy to work out in the mornings. I'm doing that (see below), so I'm not too concerned over this.
- Work out four times a week. - Doing well. The workouts are good and I'm actually starting to look forward to them!
Doing okay. I need to pay special attention to what (and more specifically how much) I eat this coming week. That may be challenging as I'm traveling for work starting Sunday night.
Grade - C
Laura's Report
Overall
hmm well, i decided to splurge once and ate about 13 oreos. then i decided to splurge the next night and had two small bowls of ice cream. conclusion: splurging once a week is A-okay. splurging twice a week is TOTAL lack of discipline!
so from here on out- one splurge a week is all this girlie gets.
as for having a salad a day... am flunking on that one too.
Grade - D+ (got a + cuz i didn't splurge EVERY night and cuz i am sticking with the healthy living challenge despite 13 oreos and 2 bowls of brownie fudge icecream. ))
No comments:
Post a Comment