Hey all, here's the Easter recap ...
As you should have all seen, the granite is in. It looks great. Wednesday it was installed (with much chemical smell). The smell is pretty much gone now. That night Cyndie and I spent most of the evening putting the sink fixtures in and connecting the stove. Now most of the kitchen is functional. The only remaining major things are installing the microwave (enroute from Ohio via an internet purchase), and the hood (bought on Ebay, now sitting in our dining room). Also the last cabinets need to be installed (also sitting in the dining room). I'm going to shoot for the last cabinets on Tuesday night so that the fabrication folks can come back out and install the remaining back splash.
We had a nice weekend. Lee and Kim came down on Friday night and spent the night. They picked up Chinese on their way in so we ate that for dinner, then hung out the rest of the evening (and stayed up too late). Gene and his family stayed in their RV on the street after having spent the day at the beach. (Emma adores her big cousin Brandon and follows him everywhere). Saturday I watched the Liverpool game (2 - 1 victory) in the early morning, then Gene, Pam, and all the kids came in for breakfast, so we really broke the kitchen in. After that, some of the group went down to the go-kart racing place I went to a few weeks ago and we raced. That was fun! Then we dropped Gene and his crew at the beach and went back home for lunch and quiet time. We went down to the beach for late afternoon, dinner on the pier at Ruby's, and then hanging out at the bonfire. By this point (the fire), Emma had calmed down a bit and was no longer hanging on Brandon all the time. I think both she and he finally were able to enjoy playing together which was good.. It was a very nice and relaxing day.
Sunday was early church. There was a breakfast at church at 8, the service at 9, and an egg hunt to follow. Emma and Timmy got little baskets ... a few books for both, a shield for Timmy, and a Strawberry Shortcake craft kit for Emma. The rest of the day was low key. Cyndie isn't feeling real well, so she slept from 3 - 5 while the kids and I went in search of a replacement scooter for Timmy. We bought him a two wheeler a week ago, but it was broken. I was surprised to find that both Target and Wal-Mart were closed for Easter. I didn't think that those types of places would be closed in California! Anyway, it felt like we drove all over kingdom come before we actually found a place open (Sports Chalet). We had a pretty good time though, and gave Cyndie a quiet house to sleep in. Back home, we spent the rest of the afternoon outside scootering. I think I'm going to have to buy myself a scooter so that I can keep up with them ... especially Emma, who is a scooter wiz!
So that's about it for now. Emma is back in school this week and so (hopefully) we'll have a quiet week.
No comments:
Post a Comment