Well, I notice it's been a while since I've posted, so to start things off again*, something different ...
Liverpool drew their away tie (that's game to you non-soccerites) at Standard Liege last week. It was a disappointing result, but they still should pull out a victory on the return leg at home and advance to the group stages of the Champions League. On the weekend they won they Premier League debut for the 2008-2009 season 1-0 with a nice strike from Fernando Torres. It was a satisfying start to the season, even more so when considering the opening tie for Manchester United and loss at home for cross town rivals Everton.
*Okay, I have a bunch of pictures to post from when Jim and Laurie were here. I'm working on that, so hold tight! That will be the real return to more regular posting!
No comments:
Post a Comment