Timmy is transitioning stages. I say this because yesterday, when I was cleaning out my office and re-arranging it a bit, I found a bunch of pre-school, K, 1st grade workbooks. Reading stuff, math, matching games, etc. Anyway, I brought them down at lunch, and after lunch, Timmy sat for somewhere around 2 hours and just did stuff in the workbook. Of course, that's totally his personality. He can do things* for hours at a time and not get bored. However, this is certainly something he has never done before.
*Other things he has done like this before: cars, super heroes, soccer, computer games, movies.
The other thing he's totally into at this point is dinosaurs. He's got a couple of books about them that he likes to read, and he's starting to memorize some of their names. The other day I was reading him a dinosaur book and as we passed certain of the dinosaurs, he'd say, "I have that one" (referring to the 5 or 6 dinosaur action figures he has). So we'd have to check out the underside of the dinosaur action figure (where the names are imprinted) to verify if indeed that was the same dinosaur. More often than not, he was correct.
So there you have it ... the next stage of Timothy David DeVries.
In other family news, we all took a trip to Target last night to get some slippers for Timmy and gloves and boots for Emma. The trip was a success, and confirmed for me that Emma and Timmy are cut from the same cloth ... they both love shopping and trying on stuff ... cloth which does not come from either Cyndie or I!
Following our shopping trip we stopped at Emma's school for an upper elementary play that one of the neighbor girls was in. It was cute, and the friend, Olivia, stole the show.
No comments:
Post a Comment