Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Whew, that was a whirlwind weekend of Easter related services, family, friends, eating ... man, I need a vacation from my vacation. I think I ate a full week's worth of food in the last four days. Since lots happened, I'm going to resort to bullet points to capture the high points:
  • Did the Good Friday service at my Aunt's apartment building on Friday. That was lots of fun!
  • Overnighted at Amy and Dave's in Crystal Lake with the sibs on Friday night ... watched Blind Side.
  • Emma was a little under the weather Thursday to Friday, so she and Cyndie stayed home and joined us for festivities in Crystal Lake on Saturday morning.
  • Took the boat out on Friday morning ... fun times!
  • Partied it up in a birthday kind of way ... cousin Ben's on Saturday at his house, Auntie Karen's on Sunday lunch at our house, cousin Sally's on Sunday evening at Grandma and Grandpa D's.
  • Went over to our friends Al and Sheri's for dessert on Saturday evening ... our kids and theirs play really quite well together despite the age difference ... Khalib is 12 or 13 and Maggie is 11.
  • Had a combined Easter service with the UCC church whose building we share ... that was fun to be in a packed house!
  • Had a bunch of friends and family over for Easter lunch after the service ... I think there were around 25 people. We ended up hanging out sitting in the boat in the driveway enjoying the beautiful weather (after the first wave of folks had had to leave).
  • Did the bowling thing yesterday ... Emma beat me twice (queue the making fun of Neal)!
Thus ends a fun Spring Break and Easter weekend!

No comments: