So, I'm going to brag here for a moment. I created a yummy new recipe, so I'm going to share it with all of my faithful readers.
Apple-Turkey Bacon Cheeseburgers
Ground Turkey (we use a pound or so for our family, had 7 pounds for the 25 here for Easter Lunch)
Minced Garlic (I use pre-minced from a can, but you could easily use fresh or powdered)
Minced Skinless Apple
Cheese (I prefer cheddar)
1 Onion, peeled and sliced
Bacon (two or three half strips per burger)
BBQ sauce
Hamburger Buns
Get the bacon started cooking. Dump the turkey, garlic, and apple into a mixing bowl and kneed together. I'm guessing I use around half a tablespoon to a tablespoon of minced garlic per pound of turkey, less for fresh garlic. I'd say around a quarter cup or possibly a bit more minced apple for a pound of turkey (I really don't use recipes or measuring devices when I cook!). Form into patties. Grill to taste, melting the cheese on the burger last. Don't forget to grill the buns and onions!
Eat with BBQ sauce, a slice of grilled onion, and two or three pieces of bacon.
It's yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment