Did an extended family (adults after the kids went to bed) movie night down at Dave and Amy's last Friday. We all agreed upon the movie with really no dispute ... I think that was a first. We watched Blind Side.
The Blind Side (3.7/5)
This movie was directed by the same guy that directed the Disney movie The Rookie a few years back, and was, in my opinion, basically the same type of movie. Sportsman is faced with huge odds. Only a few people believe in the sportsman. Sportsman is given a chance and makes the most of it. There was nothing really extraordinary above the movie, and quite a few shortcomings. However, on the whole, it was enjoyable. Either I was in the right mood, or I'm just a sucker for feel good sports movies, or something, but this one went down smoothly and was a good viewing experience. Not oscar type material in the least (despite the nominations), but entertaining.
The overall summary: The feel good movie of the year!
Movies I've seen recently:
Juno - 4.8/5
Slumdog Millionaire - 4.6/5
Iron Man - 4.2/5
Lars and the Real Girl - 4.1/5
Wall-E - 4.0/5
Traitor - 4.0/5
The Dark Knight - 3.9/5
Star Trek - 3.9/5
TransSiberian - 3.9/5
Wolverine - 3.8/5
Hurt Locker - 3.8/5
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - 3.7/5
Definitely, Maybe - 3.7/5
Up - 3.7/5
The Blind Side - 3.7/5
Kung Fu Panda - 3.5/5
The Passion - 3.5/5
Valkyrie - 3.5/5
Appoloosa - 3.5/5
Sherlock Holmes - 3.5/5
The Incredible Hulk - 3.4/5
Stealth - 3.4/5
New in Town - 3.2/5
Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel - 3.2/5
He's Just Not That Into You - 3.1/5
Horton Hears a Who - 3.0/5
Inglorious Bastards - 2.9/5
Push - 2.8/5
Jonah, a VeggieTales Movie - 2.4/5
Meet Bill - 2.1/5
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1.9/5
Burn After Reading - 1.5/5
1 comment:
This family member who watched it along with the crew gives The Blind Side the highest ranking. I watched Juno with Neal too...and for me there was no comparison. I'm a "feel good" movie viewer all the way! =)
Post a Comment