Monday, December 7, 2009

Latest Flick

This one was another $2 movies, and Gow and I watched this one over the weekend ...

Appaloosa (3.5/5)


I was thinking that this one had a lot of potential. A gritty western with Ed Harris (a "real" actor) and Viggo Mortenson. What a disappointment. It was very slow, which I can deal with if there's a payoff, but there wasn't. They developed these characters of two crusty gunfighters who will go into a town and clean it up for a price, but then didn't keep the characters true to themselves. Instead they introduced this awkward love triangle/square which was lame and which just confused the "lawman cleans up rough western town" part of the movie. I think the movie would have been much more successful as a "straight" western instead of trying to be more than it was. In the end, it was okay, but certainly not memorable.

The overall summary: Slow, overly clever. Should have stuck with being a western.

Movies I've seen recently:
Juno - 4.8/5
Slumdog Millionaire - 4.6/5
Iron Man - 4.2/5
Lars and the Real Girl - 4.1/5
Wall-E - 4.0/5
Traitor - 4.0/5
The Dark Knight - 3.9/5
Star Trek - 3.9/5
TransSiberian - 3.9/5
Wolverine - 3.8/5
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - 3.7/5
Definitely, Maybe - 3.7/5
Up - 3.7/5
Kung Fu Panda - 3.5/5
The Passion - 3.5/5
Valkyrie - 3.5/5
Appoloosa - 3.5/5
The Incredible Hulk - 3.4/5
New in Town - 3.2/5
He's Just Not That Into You - 3.1/5
Horton Hears a Who - 3.0/5
Inglorious Bastards - 2.9/5
Push - 2.8/5
Meet Bill - 2.1/5
Jonah, a VeggieTales Movie - 2.4/5
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1.9/5
Burn After Reading - 1.5/5

No comments: