Gow and I hit the fabulous Showboat Theater on Saturday for a view of Star Trek. Here's the take:
Star Trek (3.9/5)
I very much liked this movie. Not being a Trekkie (my Star Trek exposure is limited to The Wrath of Kahn and watching the Next Generation on TV), I didn't have much in the way of expectations, at least in regards to who the cast should be and how they should behave. That said, I expected a "big", "summer" movie, lots of explosions, action based plot.
The movie delivered on that, plus more. Now it was no Oscar type film, but it was a tight, well told story with more depth than 90% of the summer flicks. The acting was good, the effects top notch, and the team was able to tell the "origins" story for this iteration of the Enterprise while also giving us an interesting adventure/story.
Kudos all around, I recommend this movie.
Movies I've seen recently:
Juno - 4.8/5
Slumdog Millionaire - 4.6/5
Iron Man - 4.2/5
Wall-E - 4.0/5
Traitor - 4.0/5
The Dark Knight - 3.9/5
Star Trek - 3.9/5
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - 3.7/5
Kung Fu Panda - 3.5/5
The Passion - 3.5/5
Valkyrie - 3.5/5
The Incredible Hulk - 3.4/5
New in Town - 3.2/5
Horton Hears a Who - 3.0/5
Jonah, a VeggieTales Movie - 2.4/5
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1.9/5
Burn After Reading - 1.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment