Monday, June 1, 2009

Quick Weekend Recap

  • Went down to Crystal Lake for an overnight with the cousins Fri/Sat.
  • Progress in the inter-cousin relationships, especially on an overnight. I think the kids are slowly understanding how to interact with eachother in tighter quarters over a bit longer period of time. Plus they're getting older, so that helps!
  • Had some delicious stuffed pizza for dinner ... nice job Dave and Gow.
  • Did some bike riding (all the older cousins are now on bikes of some sort) in the neighborhood. Only had one accident and one bike malfunction!
  • The adults did the "traditional"* movie night ... New in Town.
  • Hit the park for a big victory for the Nealster in frisbee golf on Saturday morning.
  • Sunday was church, then spent much of the afternoon in the pool at my folk's condo. It was perfect weather and pool temperature. I foresee a lot more of that type of action over the summer.
  • Played Settlers with the gang until way too late last night!
*Can you have a tradition if it is only the second occurrence? I hope it DOES become a tradition ... it's fun stuff!

So now we're back into the week. Emma, as she informs us at least daily, has seven days remaining of school. I think she's pretty excited to be out and "free". In other news, we're gearing up for a weekend camping trip with our friends Dale and Jeannine. It's pretty close by, so very convenient, and should be lots of fun!

No comments: