Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

  • Fishing ... Timmy caught 3 fish over the weekend (we went a couple of different times ... Saturday evening, Sunday after church). Both of the kids are doing great with it and seem to enjoy it quite a bit. A friend of mine, Eric, works at the camp (Covenant Harbor) and he wants to do a regular time out on one of Harbor's pontoon boats with our kids (his oldest is 3 1/2). I think another friend Rico and his kids may join us too. That would be a blast!
  • Church ... had church at the camp, then a bunch of church kids fished together, then a potluck for lunch. It was fun to all hang out like that and get to spend more time with the church family than we usually do.
  • Swimming ... at the pool (the lake's too cold still). Good stuff. Both Timmy and Em are doing really well with being in the pool and stretching themselves. I was throwing Emma up into the air ... fun for both of us! She's so light I think I could throw her probably 10 feet in the air! Tim is doing well jumping into the deep end and not being bothered much by getting water in his face.
  • Garage sales ... Cyndie and my sister, Laura, hit a bunch of sales on Saturday morning ... got a pretty good haul.
  • Movie* ... Gow and I went to see Star Trek ... it was a good one!
*Review to come ... I know the public will be clamoring for one.

Now it's the work week. I think this will it will be pretty hard to focus on work as we'll be leaving for vacation on Friday (to the KS cabin of my aunt and uncle). The whole family is excited!

No comments: