Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last day of school!

Today is Emma's last day of school! I'm working from home (all Wednesdays since Cyndie has sailing at 4:30), so we all had french toast together to celebrate while we finished watching Star Wars. We had a family movie night last night in part because Cyndie wasn't feeling too great. Emma had a fun day yesterday, getting a preview of 2nd grade and playing all kinds of fun games in the afternoon during the field day. Cyndie helped out and said that all the kids really enjoyed themselves and it was really well done.

Emma is excited for summer and play dates. She's having her good friend Olivia over tomorrow, then there's a final play date with Anya, our pastor (who is moving to another state)'s daughter on Friday, followed by a birthday party for another friend in the afternoon. Timmy gets to participate in that one as Anya's younger brother Lukas is exactly Timmy's age (and was in his pre-school class). In Timmy news, all his pants are making it to just over his ankles and his long sleeve shirts are not horribly long anymore. Time to move up to 6T I guess. When we were outside this morning, all waiting for the bus, Cyndie and I were talking about some landscaping that we want to do. Emma said, "you're not going to get rid of this (the one closest to the mail box) parking spot are you ... that's Auntie Jane's". Funny how certain things are associated with certain people and circumstances!

That's it for now!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

I love Emma's comment! Makes me feel loved and belonging...but then you guys always make me feel that way! I didn't realize I was the only one that used that spot. Oh, and I will be OK if you landscape over it. =)