So, I hadn't been on the web much yesterday between church, the pool, and playing Settler's with the boys, but when I checked my email this morning, there was one from our CA realtor saying that the buyers had agreed to our proposal regarding the physical inspection. Huh? What's that mean? Well, essentially, the buyers pay for a guy to come by and evaluate the house to let them know if there are any areas of concern. It could be anything from "you should really have another smoke detector in that room" to "there's a hole in the drywall above the toilet" to "the roof over the garage is about to collapse". Our buyers basically asked for every little thing (some legitimate items, many nit picky ones) to be fixed. We proposed a small closing credit (this is pretty typical in CA ... this way you don't end up haggling over if it was fixed properly or not, the new owner just has the money in hand and can fix it themselves), and the buyers accepted!!!
This is a pretty big deal, because (I think, I'm confirming this with our realtor) that was the last contingency remaining on the contract. That means if for some reason the buyer decides to walk away, we keep their earnest money ... which would easily be enough to leave the house on the market (empty) for at least 3 or so months more. I think we're 90% of the way there. It's exciting stuff, and great to tangibly see God answering our prayers.
I'll keep you updated, but it's good to clear another hurdle and get closer to being sold!
No comments:
Post a Comment