Thursday, December 17, 2009

Heading toward vacation

As this week started, it felt like it was going to be tough to make it through a week and a couple of days of work to get to vacation. I was in a Christmas mindset what with the excursion down to Chicago last weekend and all.

Well, I was shocked back to reality on that front with a big project for work. It's essentially a project that would normally take a couple of weeks, but, because of vacation schedules and the client's schedules, we need to get it down by Friday noon. So much for a mental dreamland of Christmas bliss ... reality strikes. So far, it actually hasn't been too bad. The work is progressing well, and I'm thinking there's a decent chance that I might even finish early. However, that could all change when the client get's their hands on the functionality and starts complaining, err testing. We'll see. For now, I'm optimistic.

Tonight is the kids' Christmas concert. My folks will join us for dinner, and then it's off to Woods School to enjoy the singing/band/etc. It will be nice this year in that Timmy won't have to sit with us (or should I say squirm and fidget with us). Since he'll be doing his thing with his class, he'll be in his room some of the time. It should be fun!

No comments: