Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hit the Library for some videos

We seem to be watching more movies that normal lately. This was an older one, Stealth, that we got at the library.

Stealth (3.4/5)


So this was one of those movies, a rarity, were I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm sure it was largely because I went into it expecting it to be horrible, and it was a bit better than horrible. Yes, there was bad dialog. Yes, the concept was a bit far-fetched. Yes, Jessica Biel "acting" as if she is a warrior was painfully bad, especially when she was injured and down behind enemy lines. But all in all, it was fun, mindless schlock. A good way to pass a couple of hours whilst picking burrs out of one's dog's fur. One fascinating element to watch was Jamie Foxx. He really played a secondary character in the movie, but it's amazing how mediocre he looks in a mediocre movie like this, but he can really up his game in other movies like Ray.

The overall summary: Lots of fluff and bad acting with bad dialog, but surprisingly fun to watch.

Movies I've seen recently:
Juno - 4.8/5
Slumdog Millionaire - 4.6/5
Iron Man - 4.2/5
Lars and the Real Girl - 4.1/5
Wall-E - 4.0/5
Traitor - 4.0/5
The Dark Knight - 3.9/5
Star Trek - 3.9/5
TransSiberian - 3.9/5
Wolverine - 3.8/5
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - 3.7/5
Definitely, Maybe - 3.7/5
Up - 3.7/5
Kung Fu Panda - 3.5/5
The Passion - 3.5/5
Valkyrie - 3.5/5
Appoloosa - 3.5/5
The Incredible Hulk - 3.4/5
Stealth - 3.4/5
New in Town - 3.2/5
He's Just Not That Into You - 3.1/5
Horton Hears a Who - 3.0/5
Inglorious Bastards - 2.9/5
Push - 2.8/5
Meet Bill - 2.1/5
Jonah, a VeggieTales Movie - 2.4/5
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 1.9/5
Burn After Reading - 1.5/5

No comments: