Friday, December 4, 2009

A night* out on the town!

*Immediate aside here ... it's really not a night out, more of an early evening ... 5:30 - 8:30.

So Cyndie and I have a big event tonight. We're off the rub shoulders with Mr. Richard Driehaus, he of the $30 or $40 million dollar estate. Woods School (Em and Tim's school) is having a fundraiser at the Driehaus estate tonight, and we decided to pony up the cash to go. No, I doubt Mr. Driehaus will even be there, but, you know, it's fun to pretend we're part of the elite occasionally. This guy is really good for the community. He will allow almost any community, non-profit organization to use his estate for a fund raiser. He pays for his staff to run it, pays for the food and drink. All dollars raised go directly to the organization. It's very cool.

So that's the big excitement today. Cyndie and I were planning our wardrobes last night (cocktail attire), and realized that we need to hit the stores today ... shoes for Cyndie and a dress shirt for me. We'll head out immediately after Timmy goes to school to find the right attire. I'm glad we didn't wait until 4:30 tonight to do that!

We got a nice dusting of snow yesterday afternoon and evening. It made for fun play for Tim this morning. Pepper isn't sure what to think about it. I'm just happy that it's not enough to have to plow the driveway!

No comments: