Yes, the long* and winding path of Wildwood DeVries boat ownership is finally, and officially** over! Celebrate with us!
*Well, maybe it wasn't really that long, just a month plus of looking, then 3 or 4 weeks of dealing with title stuff.
**According to the state of Wisconsin.
This morning on the way into work I stopped at the Waukesha DNR office and finally got the boat registered. I had gone in once about 3 weeks ago, but couldn't complete the process due to some missing paperwork. Since the boat was a repossession, the state still showed it as owned (and registered) to the previous owner. So we needed a notorized affidavit of repossession to prove that it was bank owned. That took a week or so to get, then because of Thanksgiving and sickness, I wasn't up that direction for a few weeks. But here we are, all official and such!
In other boat news, we also got a replacement stereo faceplate, so come next spring we will be ready for some tunage out on the water!
No comments:
Post a Comment