Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gerbils

Here they are, the new additions to the family. As Timmy points out, now we all have pets (Tim's goldfish, Pepper for Cyndie and I*, and now the gerbils). Emma has named them Cookie, Sweettart, and Digger. Digger is (surprise) a big digger in the bedding. He also likes to nibble on whoever holds him. Cookie is the most docile one, and Sweettart is ... I don't know, the remaining one?

*I'm not sure why one dog for the both of us qualifies as all of us having a pet. I'm going to have to complain to whoever is in charge about that slight.

Here they are ... the three of them like to pile up in a corner to sleep. For the short term, the aquarium is located on top of Emma's dress up box.


They weren't very cooperative with the picture taking. They just wanted to sleep.

The gerbils woke Emma up during the night the first night, but I think that was as much excitement on her part as anything. No problems have happened the rest of the week. She's a pretty heavy sleeper anyway. They largely sleep at night and are awake during the day.

No comments: