Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today's Recipe

I haven't given all of my adoring fans a new recipe for a while, so try this one this weekend ...

Donut French Toast

This one takes a brain surgeon to figure out, so make sure you have your morning coffee before you attempt this ...

Ingredients:
powdered donuts - the bigger the better
eggs
vanilla
milk
nutmeg
cinnamon

Slice the donuts in half. Crack the eggs into a bowl, splash in milk and vanilla (I'd say to taste, but you probably shouldn't be tasting raw eggs, and they wouldn't taste that great anyway!). For the four of us, I usually do a 1/4 cup or so milk and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir that up. Get your fry pan hot over medium heat. I like to use olive oil since it's healthier than some other oils/butter (you know, because this is such a healthy meal). Dip both sides of the sliced donuts into the egg mixture and put into the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg onto the cooking halves. I like to do the cinnamon and nutmeg after the dipping (many people add them to their egg mixture) to assure even coverage. If you're feeling really decadent, add some sugar and/or brown sugar to the mixture. Cook until browned, flip and repeat ... voila, Donut French Toast!

Donut French Toast ... in process

So there's you're recipe for the day.

On the family front, Emma's now well over 100 boxes of girl scout cookies sold (thanks to a big help from Auntie Karen at her apartment building). Timmy's been a big help with the tree fort lately. Emma had an eye doctor appointment. And we all watched the first part of Swiss Family Robinson last night ... good times!

No comments: