So we're a couple of days into spring break. It's a bit rough for me ... not being able to participate in everything. But at the same time, I want to save my vacation time for some trips we have planned. I can also participate in much of what goes on, so I'm not totally missing out.
Over the weekend, we did our first activity ... Timmy picked it ... eating at the Safe House, a spy themed restaurant in Milwaukee. We had a really good time with that. On the way there and back, we listened to Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It's a bit of a mouthful for the title, but the kids are really digging it. We're trying to stretch them a little to more complex stories, etc.
On Sunday, we hit the Maplefest at Covenant Harbor. It was fun ... good pancakes, mini-golf, crafts, the climbing wall. Then there was church.
Yesterday we had 16 lower elementary kids over to watch Megamind. A good time was had by all. Several of the moms stayed and hung out with Cyndie during the show, so she had some help, and some mom time too, so that was nice.
Today, Cyndie and the kids are headed down to the Caspari cousins' place to meet their new dog Sam, a Westie. They're also headed to the library down there for some kind of Dr. Suess thing. More on that as details emerge.
And finally, I thought I'd recount the tale of the two young Padawans who live in this house. I don't remember if I mentioned that I made them both double bladed lightsabers (out of PVC pipe, duct tape, electrical tape, and blue (or green for Emma) painting tape). Anyway, they dig those. But now they want to become Jedi. So I've been giving them training to become Jedi. I'll have them jog around the house, or do sit ups, or practice their lunges with their light sabers or their blocks, etc. It's hilarious. And a bit of exercise. And a good way to pass some time!
No comments:
Post a Comment