So, I've been really bad (again) at posting, but I had to sit down and put this up quickly because it cracked me up so much.
Lately Timmy has been very into playing the Star Wars Lego video games, watching the Star Wars movies (we just started with Episode 1, and are going to work our way through), playing Star Wars with his legos, etc. He basically talks non-stop about star wars ("did you know that -insert name of a Star Wars character here- can do -insert some action-?). This morning he said something like "did you know that Han Solo has a gun that shoots a laser on the the cover the of the movie, but in the game his gun shoots long, skinny arrows?" It was just out of the blue, totally random.
So the reason I had to sit down and write this was as follows.
Scene: Timmy is finishing up his bath. I go in to tell him it's time to get out.
Neal: Timmy, it's time to get out.
-Timmy lays in the tube, showing no inclination to leave the warmth.-
Neal: Timmy, time to get out ... now!
-Timmy gets out and I start to dry his hair with a towel-
Timmy: I bet that General Grievous could dry off really fast.
-I roll my eyes-
It just cracked me up. And for those of you who don't know who General Grievous is ... you have obviously not been spending enough time with Timmy ... he has four arms ... all the better for drying off with my dear!
2 comments:
Can so relate to this post! Luke went thru this phase too...and it seems to stem from Star Wars Lego Wii game! He would constantly show me stunts and talk about star wars. HOwever, maybe I shouldve paid more attention...my eyes would go "glassy" when he started talking star wars because he did it so much...we even had to have a star wars party. too funny
Yeah, it's a challenge. On one hand, he is ALWAYS talking about this stuff, and it gets to the point where I'm thinking, "I don't really care about Count Dooku, or if characters with capes can double jump on the PS". But then I think, "at least he's talking to me instead of just being some sullen kid in the corner". Ha, I suppose it's just a phase.
How are the Fletchers?
Post a Comment