It's been a busy weekend it seems, so I'll catch up with a few tidbits ...
Golf was fun. I ended up playing with a guy from church named Rico who is getting to be a pretty good friend. We were supposed to have a foursome, but it ended up being just us two. I also realized that golf is a mentally fatiguing 5 hours ... I think I'm more of a 14 holes of golf type of a fella.
That (Friday) night, Dad came over and put the kids to bed and then Cyndie and I went to watch the Badger (our high school where the kids will go) - Elkhorn (another local high school in coincidentally, Elkhorn!, where a lot of our friends live) football game with our friends Dale and Jeannine. That was fun, and Badger creamed Elkhorn 40 - 19 (and it really wasn't that close).
Saturday was fairly low key getting some stuff done around the house. In the morning Timmy and I went to his friend Lukas' birthday party (dressed up as super heroes) and Cyndie and Emma went to do the free Home Depot craft and to a garage sale (where they got a pretty good haul of stuff). My parents came over for dinner and hung out a bit.
Sunday was church, then the first week of Sunday School after church (for Emma). In the afternoon I did some plumbing on the jacuzzi* and then we rode our bikes over to the local apple orchard and got a few apples. I went and played Settlers with some friends in the evening and stayed up way too late.
*There'll be a follow up post to recap the jacuzzi happenings. I know you are all on the edge of your collective seat.
So, that catches us up! Today is art class and then Bible study in the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment