The weather's been nice the last several days ... up into the 20s which, relative to a week ago, feels extremely warm. It's also been very sunny, which is great. It's amazing what a little bit of sunshine does to brighten your day!
Yesterday at art class, we finished the first painting (all of us did paintings of birds) that we're doing in our monoprint series (1 of 2). A monoprint is when you pour, drip, spread, whatever paint on a piece of glass, and then press your paper on that, making a print. Then you paint into the print in traditional ways. It's really interesting to work from a background like that instead of the more normal way of working on the subject matter first and then filling in a background. I ended up with a bird in the jungle. Cyndie's was of a bird in a branch looking at a sunset. I think they both came out very well.
We had Bible study (Cyndie) and bowling (me) last night. The big excitement in bowling is that (I think) we pulled ourselves out of the cellar in the league standings. Go Ham Fighters.
Today is the normal work for me, a PJ day at school for Timmy, and Cyndie has several different meetings to go to. Tonight we'll probably try to go to the movie at the library, though I'll likely stay home since I have worship team practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment