No, we have not replaced Albert. Rather, Cyndie has worked her magic again and has found us a steal on Freecycle.
I got home today while Cyndie and the kids were still out at Grand Geneva ice skating. I found the dishwasher half pulled out of the counter, and tools everywhere. It turns out Cyndie had found a free dishwasher, and wanted to surprise me by putting it in while I was gone. She had gotten it most of the way out, but needed a bit of help in the end (plus she didn't expect me quite so early). Anyway, I called her and she told me the about what she'd found. I took the old dishwasher out, and when she got home (she had the new one in the back of the suburban), we carried it in, and I installed it.
Now, for the first time in six or so months, we have a working dishwasher.
And the best part, is that the dishwasher is brand new! That girl is amazing. I think the deal must have been (I'm guessing this since the lady from whom Cyndie got the dishwasher said they just bought the house) that the last owners of the house had replaced some or all of the appliances in order to help sell the house, but then the new owners wanted a different color (the dishwasher is black, so it matches what we've got in our kitchen).
So there you have it, we have a brand spankin' new dishwasher, and our cash outlay for said dishwasher is $0.00!
1 comment:
I so impressed Cyndie! Not just the free dishwasher...but putting it in yourself!
We miss you guys
Post a Comment