Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Midweek

Midweek has come, and we're rolling along with a full schedule.

I've been driving in to work the last several weeks, and that will likely continue for a while. I've been listening to a book on tape (great suggestion Cyndie), which makes the drive go much more quickly. The drive, however, still makes my day much shorter as I'm leaving a few minutes before Emma gets on the bus and return home around 5:30.

The kids have had play dates (Timmy to go sledding), school, shopping trips with Cyndie, swim lessons, and lots to keep them busy too. Last night I met up with them for McDonalds (my folks joined us too) after their swim lessons, and then Dad and I headed over to Home Depot to get some drywall to finally finish off the North walls in the dining and living rooms. Cyndie and I have worked the last couple of evenings getting those rooms ready including moving a bunch of furniture, and taking down the paneling in the living room and doing some electrical. I think we're ready now, though we ran into a bit of a snag when we found a bunch of frost behind the insulation in the dining room. We think this was condensation since that insulation has been exposed for several months. I think what happened is that there being extra moisture in the interior air (due to the whole house humidifier we have), it condensed against the cold exterior wall and then turned to frost. The hypothesis is further supported by the living room walls having a bit of frost on them this morning (after having been "exposed" overnight). So hopefully the solution is to turn off the whole house humidifier for a few days, take down the insulation to let everything dry, and then put it all back together and drywall.

The rest of the week holds a trip to Emma's school for Cyndie as she is a guest lecturer in their ongoing "Arts" series. Then Friday afternoon, the whole family will participate in the Woods School ski day in the afternoon ... hopefully with temps in the mid 30s!

No comments: