Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Royals success

I know all of you care ...

I just love looking a the American League Central standings these days. Seeing the Royals up top of the division is something that I cannot get enough of. For my birthday, I got a subscription to MLBtv so that I can watch all the Royals games. I've totally enjoyed seeing them be so successful, especially given their extremely poor track record the last 15 years.

Last night, Royals ace Zack Greinke tossed another* complete game shutout. His ERA is 0.40 ... he's allowed 2 earned runs in 46 or so innings pitched, and leads the league with 55 strikeouts. He is just insane right now!

*Yes, that's his second shutout of the year. In fact, here's the league leaders in shutouts:
Zack Greinke 2
Everyone else 0

I think it will be a great summer to be a Royals fan, and believe me, us diehards deserve it considering the quality of teams we've had to endure recently.

No comments: