So Tim and Emma had their first soccer thing yesterday. It's more like a soccer camp than a team. They did different drills and were often split into 4/5 year old and 6/9 year old groups.
Timmy did okay, but said he'd rather play soccer at home. I think he got a bit bored by waiting in line and likes the higher action when it's just me or Uncle Gow and him playing. I also think he's just not used to new places and lots of people (there were around 30 kids). I think Timmy would have more fun just playing games and not doing drills!
Conversely, this was right down Emma's aisle as she really likes the drills, but isn't as into the games (those where basically her words). She did well, even starting to learn how to head the ball. Probably the highlight of her experience was when they passed out the t-shirts, shorts, and socks that they're supposed to wear ... she definitely likes new clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment