Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Did you think I'd slack off?

Yes, it's been a few days since my last post, but I am still on the wagon. I don't usually post on the weekends as I'm not sitting in front of the computer near as much. So, what have the Wildwood DeVries done over the long Labor Day weekend? Lets, see ...

Saturday we worked a lot on the house. Cyndie painted some in the entryway/hall to the laundry room. It's a light gray, which we never thought we'd put into our house, but it's actually rather cheery and light ... with a little bit of a blue tint to it. She's eventually going to take that up the stairs and all along the hall upstairs as well. I worked in the kitchen. I took out the old lights (the big flourescent "shop light" that was the main kitchen light, as well as the "spaceship" light over the table in the kitchen). Then I put in some recessed lighting. It looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Sunday we went out on the boat with our friends the Holtes. That was fun ... fairly warm, though not so much as several weeks ago. The boating season may be screeching to a halt quickly! In the afternoon we had a wedding ... some friends from church. I was doing the sound setup for them, so that took quite a bit of my time before and after the wedding. My folks watched the kids, so Cyndie and I went and got a light bite of dinner after the ceremony and clean up (the kids were still at church with my folks!).

Monday we went to the Walworth County Fair. The highlights were (Tim) the demolition derby and (Emma) the superman ride. We ended up getting wristbands for the kids so that they could ride as many rides as they wanted to. We got there around 11am, and at that point, the kids were walking on the rides ... no wait. After the demo derby*, there were a LOT more people. So the kids just did 4 or 5 rides and we left. A good time was had by all!

*Demolition Derby ... man, that was a redneck-a-polooza! It was fun though. A bunch of old cars just banging the crud out of eachother. There were a few minor fires, one car almost flipped over, and just generally a lot of noise and wreckage!

Now, we're almost back into the swing of things. It's a "not quite" full week of school (4 days), and soccer starts for the kids tonight (twice a week from 4:30 - 5:30). The school year is ramping up, and the weather is cooling off!

No comments: