Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tree Fort Baby

Yesterday was the start of the tree fort building effort at our place. I went to get the wood I need for the deck part early. Then my dad came over in the afternoon to help me get the "square" (the main beams) up. It was quite an effort. Included in that was cutting down a tree that was dead so that I can use it for one of the main vertical supports on the tree fort. It was a little trial and error getting the stuff up. In the end we got up two beams. And, due to a number of reasons, they are a bit higher than I originally intended. The plan now is to take those two back down and lower the base to a bit safer level (8 or 9 feet instead of 11 or 12). I think, based upon what we learned in the couple of hours we spent yesterday, it will go MUCH quicker this time. Hopefully we'll have quite a bit of time to work on that on Saturday ... at least getting the main platform up. Fun times.

In the evening, Em and Tim went over to the cousins house to have dinner/play while Cyndie and I went out for dinner with our friends Al and Sherri. This was our victory dinner for winning the biggest loser competition with (against) them. We hit Paisanos, our favorite area restaurant. I was absolutely stuffed after that!

So now we're nearing the end of the week. The kids have soccer tonight ... Cyndie's running errands today ... work, work, work for me!

No comments: