Thursday, September 9, 2010

A wednesday in review

So, after that flurry of pictures yesterday, I'm pretty much sure I can't top that with today's activities. Dare I say that we are settling into a "normal" routine?

Cyndie's had a busy week of meetings (CE board at church, Leadership Team at church, a photography meeting ... she took family photos for some friends, sailing last night ... okay, that's not really a "meeting"). Whew, she must be tired. Tonight she's headed out for her "2nd Thursday Ladies Night Out" group while I have some friends over to watch the Vikings open up the NFL season.

Yesterday Timmy and Grandpa D hiked from our house, along the Lake Como trail, over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's about a three mile hike I think, but Timmy's got really good endurance. Here's the exchange between Tim and I when he got home from school and we were talking about the hike:

Tim: I'm tired.
Me: Maybe we should sit down and relax and eat a little mac and cheese to get some energy.
Tim: Sitting makes me tired.
Me: Okay.
Tim: I need to run around to get energy.
Me. Okay.
Tim: Let's go play soccer.

So we went out and played soccer for 15 minutes or so to "get some energy". Strange boy! He did the walk like a champ!

Today the kids have school pictures, then soccer in the evening. I hope it's not as windy as last time!

No comments: