Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend in Bullets

Yes, I missed yesterday ... my apologies. I was not feeling at all well. In fact, I only worked a couple of hours. Strange times. Anyway, I'm feeling much better now, so the blog is back and active! So bullet points for the weekend:
  • My cousins Christa and Kyle were here for the weekend from Minnesota. It was totally fun to reconnect with them and lament over the 15 years that we didn't see each other as "lost" time.
  • Jane was out too. That's twice in three weeks ... keep it up Auntie Jane!
  • We spent much of the weekend together as a large, extended family group. Meals, hanging out, etc.
  • We managed to get everyone out on the boat on Sunday morning in some surprisingly nice, temperate weather. Good times.
  • We mixed in some church meetings that various people had to be at on Saturday.
  • Timmy turned 6 on Saturday*.
  • We helped break in the "Big House"** a bit. Some of the first extended hang out at Laura and Gow's new house!
  • We did a bit of an "Alpine Reunion" at our pastor's house. Alpine is the camp my folks worked at (and I lived at) during junior high/high school. It's funny that there are now, 1500 or so miles away from there, a group of staff/staff families living within 10 miles of each other ... Dale and Jeannine Holte, me, my folks, Ray and Janette Warren, Alissa (Rounke) Bruns and her family, and Tim Rounke was out visiting. Good times.
*I think Timmy's birthday is worth a full paragraph rather than limiting it to a bullet point. He really enjoyed himself. All of my direct family was here. We played some games (the bounce house was definitely the biggest hit), ate burgers, opened presents, ate cake. Good times. Timmy got a lot of legos. He's been building all the stuff a set at a time. He's really good at reading the directions and putting the rather complex (age 7 - 12 for most of the stuff) together without much, if any, help. Thanks to those of you who were here for making it a fun party for Tim!

**The "Big House" is the name that 2 year old Sally gave the new house since it is so much bigger than the duplex that they lived in before. Every time I hear that, I think about prisons and Johnny Cash for some reason!

So now we're into the week. The kids had a fun run through school yesterday and enjoyed that. Then we had a quick dinner and went to back to school night. I was very impressed with Mrs. Crowell, Emma's 3rd grade teacher. Looks like it will be a good year ahead for both kids!

No comments: