Monday, October 29, 2007

Fire Update 10a (10/29) - Probably the Last One

It looks like this will be the last fire update.

A quick scan of the rimoftheworld.net site confirms what Lee and Kim told us yesterday, that being that residents can now return to the mountain. The mandatory evacuation is now a voluntary one. There are still a few places where residents cannot return, but I'd say 95% of those displaced by the fire can return. That's actually very good because I was under the impression that because of downed power lines and other potential dangers, it was possible that the mandatory evacuation might last significantly longer.

It looks like the fires are basically out. The Grass Valley fire appears to no longer be a threat. The Slide fire is mostly out, with just a few "hot spots".

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

OK....so it's about time to get back to this....now that you are truly Wildwood DeVrieses! =)

Jane D. said...

Are you going to start blogging again? I miss this! I feel like I know less of what you are up to now that you are closer to me. Please... Am I begging yet? Hope you got home safe and sound!