Monday, October 29, 2007

Job Update (and other stuff) ...

Hey all,

So I'm back from my whirlwind tour of Lake Geneva/Waukesha (the location of the company with which I interviewed). It was a pretty good trip, complete with airplane troubles.

The job interview went well. I received a job offer Sunday night. The company is very good. I was impressed by everything I saw. The only drawback is there would be some (they say 50% in order to prepare you for "worst case") travel required. I'm talking with them today to try to understand more specifically what that level of travel would actually be. They want a reply by Friday, but I'm assuming we'll decide before that.

The rest of the time there (there wasn't much of it), I hung out with the Casparis a bit (including several sessions of "chase me" with Ben and Sarah which left me sweating), had a few meals with Mom and Dad, and drove around Saturday afternoon to see the pretty leaves.

The excitement for the weekend came on Sunday when I was trying to fly out. The first plane was grounded for mechanical problems. They took us off that plane and on a backup plane which was also grounded for mechanical problems. Then they put us on standby for a different O'Hare to OC flight, but I didn't get on that. Then they brought us back to the second plane and loaded us up. Then we had to wait another 15 minutes for more maintenance. Then we finally left and had an uneventful flight. After all that, I was only about 2 1/2 or so hours late, but it was an adventure!

Cyndie had a bit of a rough day Saturday. The kids were not being very helpful, and pretty whiny. The good news is that Timmy made it 3 days without and accident, so he got to go pick out a new toy from the store. He and Papa Lee found a cool thing that has a roll of different "Cars" pictures to color. You roll out the picture, and it kind of holds in place, and then you can tear it off when you are done. He's having a lot of fun with that.

There's not a lot else to report.

Neal

No comments: