It's Monday again, so I'll drop the line on what's going on with the SoCal/Wildwood DeVries.
As you are all aware, the buyers with whom we were under contract on our house pulled out of the deal on Thursday. We (and our realtor, Gwen, as well) were very surprised it happened. The reason they gave was that they didn't think the house was big enough in the end. This was just a day after they had gone and had the house inspected (there were no real issues from the inspection). We met them at the inspection and they seemed very nice and excited about the house. I'm not sure they fully understand the market around here, because I don't think there's anything much bigger around here in the same price range, but whatever. Anyway, we were in morning for a day, but have come to grips with it and are moving on! At least God is in control, even if he doesn't check with us first!
Friday we had a realtor open house in the morning. Emma had school, and I took some time off and took Timmy to Mile Square Park while Cyndie ran some errands. Saturday we went to church to help with some landscaping work. Then afterwards we went to a pool party for a kid we know from the park. Sunday was church, then another open house. We received a call from our realtor at 11:30 (for a noon open house), "I just smashed my finger with a hammer while I was putting out signs for the open house. I'm going to go get stitches, but I'll be back for the open house as soon as I can". Anyway, she ended up having a pretty successful open house with what she thought were a few good leads. We spent the afternoon over at the Zones and had a good time hanging out with them. We all walked over to Emma and Maddi's school to play late in the afternoon, and then to Stonefire Grill for dinner after that. We got home just at bedtime. The whole family was in bed pretty early.
Lately both of the kids have been getting up during the night and Timmy has been getting up early in the morning. Last night Timmy didn't go to bed until around 10 (he was up and down a bunch). Anyway, I think it's probably a combination of the tension of the coming (and going and coming) move, some allergies/cold type symptoms, and (in Timmy's case) the compounding of the first two elements such that he's again sleeping in the afternoon (making him not sleepy at night). Anyway, they both seem to be doing a bit better now, and Cyndie is going to try to make sure Tim doesn't nap today, so hopefully tonight will go a bit better.
Emma seems to be doing better as school (after a rough week or two where she didn't want to go), so that's a good thing.
That's about it on this end.
Neal
No comments:
Post a Comment