Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Report ...

Hey all,

I don't think there's anything hugely exciting to report from the weekend, but here's a short run down.

Friday I worked from home, so it was fun to be able to walk Emma to school and then go and pick her up. That day, the guy who is taking the virtual tour pictures of the house was supposed to come, but he ended up not making it. I guess that was good as it encouraged us to get the house spic and span (although I have to say we're doing a pretty darn good job of keeping it clean anyway). In the evening was Bible study at our house.

Saturday was pretty rainy, so I thought maybe we should do a craft and suggested we all make super hero costumes. Before breakfast, we made some masks for Emma and Timmy. After breakfast Emma, Timmy, and I went to get some raw materials ... plain t-shirts at the t-shirt warehouse, fabric and velcro at Jo-Anne Fabric, and then a quick stop at Target for Emma to spend some money (she had saved her $1 for ice cream Friday at school and added that to some money she has been saving). She bought herself a doll (with a 50% supplement from the parentals). She was very proud of herself. So we got back from errands and I sewed the velcro to the shoulders of all the t-shirts and then gathered the cape material and sewed the velcro on there, and viola ... superhero capes. After lunch and quiet time, we all came up with names ... Emma was "Soft Cape" (because her pink cape is crushed velvet), Timmy is Lightning Guy (because his cape has got a whole bunch of Lightning McQueens, from the movie Cars, on it), Cyndie is Flower Power (due to her flowery cape) and I'm Hawkeye (my name from when I worked at Indian Village at Alpine). We then came up with logos and decorated our shirts. We haven't gotten them back on post-decoration yet, but I'll try to come up with some photos this week. All in all, it was pretty fun on a rainy day!

Sunday was church, then we went over to Jim and Laurie's for lunch and to hang out while the open house went on at our house. We had a nice time with them. All the kids get along pretty well which is nice (and something that used to be a significant problem). We walked over to the Foster's Freeze for ice cream and came home for dinner, a bath, and bedtime (and no day would be complete without a rousing game of "Emma and Timmy's Game").

Not anything horribly new on the kid front. Timmy is continuing to struggle with potty training. That's going to be a challenge! Emma is doing well in school and enjoying drawing a lot. She really enjoys books and being read to. I think that if she can be patient enough, she will really like reading books on her own.

That's it from us,
Neal

No comments: