Saturday, March 15, 2008

The weekend cometh (and is here)

We had a nice get together with some of the young families from church last night. I think that there were six couples (including us). There was a new couple from Japan there too, which was fun. They're new to the area, straight from Tokyo! Talk about culture shock! I think they were happy to hear that we lived in SoCal for a while.

The kids were on their scooters while we were waiting for people to show up. They also enjoyed being the greeters as people came!

Hopefully the weather will stay nice over the weekend. I heard rumors of snow. The game plan today is to make a long term-temporary counter top extension on the island to eat our family meals on using the table top that Dad made for us. Also move the bird feeder off the deck and into the yard so that it really is a bird feeder and not a bird and squirrel feeder! Cyndie's got some errands to run, but that's the extent of the exciting Saturday.

No comments: