So we had a nice weekend. Jane got in late Thursday night and then Cyndie, Jane, and the kids went swimming Friday morning. The snow started around 5 am Friday morning and finally stopped around 10 or 11 pm. I think we got around 12 inches total. All that snow was a bit disappointing for me as I was geared up for Spring, but the kids sure enjoyed it! Mom and Dad were over for the afternoon too.
Saturday was the big Easter meal for the DeVries/Caspari clan. Amy and the kids got there around 9a. Dad and Mom a bit later (with Auntie Karen), and Dave's parents around 11 or something. Dave was under the weather, so stayed home. It was a nice relaxing meal and basic hangout. The kids did an Easter egg hunt that Auntie Karen had made for them. The older girls had a bit more complicated hunt with clues, etc.
Sunday was Easter (He Is Risen!). We got there early to help with the egg hunt (Cyndie) and practice music (me). After the service the egg hunt happened. It was a pretty low key day the rest of the day as Mom and Dad left for their Louisianna mission trip and Casparis were with other family. All of us (Cyndie, Jane, the kids, I) were very low on energy and just mellowed out.
So that's it for now. The weather is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s again this week, so I anticipate the snow melting fairly quickly. Jane leaves midday today, and we'll probably move Emma into the guest room so that we can start working on her room next.
That's it for now,
Neal
1 comment:
I made the blog! Yay! =)
Post a Comment