So we are here at the four story townhome (I guess that's what it would be called) in Chicago. It's near Montross and Ravenswood (or Lincoln if that's bigger and more known to you ex-Chicagoans). We got in in the early afternoon on Saturday and took a walk around the neighborhood and went grocery shopping, and basically laid low on Saturday. The house is fun. There are four units in the complex. The first floor is a two car garage and small sitting/living room. The main/second floor is a kitchen/dining/living room with twenty foot ceilings. The third is two bedrooms and a bath. The fourth is a loft/computer room with a roof patio. Far different than our house!
Sunday, yesterday, the big trip was the Lincoln Park Zoo. It's a free zoo, which is great! We got there about 9:30 and stayed until 1:30 or so ... plenty of time to see most everything and to get worn out. I carried Timmy the last 15 minutes. I don't think we got any "favorites" out of the kids, but they definitely enjoyed the experience. After quiet time, we had an early dinner at the local Italian place (just two doors down the street). I think if we lived like this, we'd spend all our money on eating out since there are so many fun little restaurants that are within easy walking distance! It was authentic style Italian pizza. Cyndie and I loved it, the kids were less hot! After that we broke out the scooters and took a 10 minute walk to the local park. When we got there we discovered that there was a Chicago Folk and Roots festival being held there ... definitely an interesting mix of people! Anyway, we walked around there for a while and then made our way through the chaos to the playground stuff where the kids played for a half hour or so.
So today we're going to hit the Field Museum. The kids will be excited by the dinosaurs, and there is also a mythical creatures exhibit that I think they'll like (dragons and unicorns).
More later ...
1 comment:
Fun to hear about your exchange home and fun at the zoo. During college, we'd go there lots just cuz it was free! =)
Post a Comment