Well, we're adjusting to the nicer weather and the mild changes to our routine that it brings. It's been a bit hard to get the kids outside. Surprisingly so. I think they're so used to the "cold weather" routine, that changing just takes a bit of time. They (and us too for that matter) are certainly creatures of habit.
Adding to the "I'm no longer living in SoCal" list ... last night at bowling (another thing on the list), a friend asked if I wanted to help him burn 15 acres of prairie land at his farm today. I was bummed that I can't get out of work!!! I mean, how can you go wrong with fire and hanging out with friends! Oh well. I can just see the reaction he would have gotten if he lived up in Santa Barbara county near LA ... I think with all the wildfires they have there, they would have lynched him!
We're looking forward to having my sister and her family around for a while this summer. They're due to arrive in a couple of weeks ... just in time for the nice weather. They'll be staying in Lake Geneva for a bit while they look for the next step in the career path for my brother-in-law, Gow. It will be fun to have them near by to hang out with. I think Sally will get all kinds of attention from her older cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment