Friday, March 27, 2009

Reality

So I just got an email from the CEO of RedPrairie (no, not me individually, he sent it to the whole company). He talked about belt tightening and the financial climate and how we are starting to feel the effects the economy is having on our clients (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, almost anyone who has a warehouse could be a client). Then he said the company laid off 50 people (all before the email was sent). I think there are around 800 - 1000 folks in the company, so that's a pretty significant number. So that was shocking, and hit very near home. At the same time, it was re-assuring to know that I was not one of the 50! So, right now I'm very thankful that I have a job, and one I'm actually enjoying right now!

On to the rest of the day ... Emma has a half day of school, and the cousins, Sarah, Benny, and Kristi, are at our house for a while (while Amy and Dave have a few appointments). Emma is also having a friend from school over. Emma was very cute last night as she prepared a craft for the three older girls to do together. Then this morning, she was very conscientiously asking if she can use the table in the art room to set up a craft for the younger kids. She's great ... sometimes she's so kind and thoughtful of other people ... and then others ... not so much.

Anyway, tonight we're going to some friends house for a mini-concert. It should be fun.

No comments: