- Hit the Woods School Silent Auction friday night and enjoyed that.
- We ended up with a couple of fun "wins" in the auction ... bowling (to be used during Spring Break), tickets to the Dancing Horse show in the next town over ... a couple others that are less exciting.
- Saturday we did some chores and I helped paint at my Aunt's apartment building as part of an outreach event with church.
- Sunday was activity day (riding bikes, a hike, eating out at Culver's).
- Emma is getting very daring on her bike ... she'll even ride down the big slope into the ditch in the front of our house, and then up onto the road.
- Timmy was very proud to be riding a bike on his own ... with training wheels.
- I think both of the kids will require new bikes this year. Both of their knees are almost hitting the handle bars. Emma's is the same one she's had since she first started with training wheels (a 16" bike), and Timmy's is a freeby we got from somewhere or another and is pretty small too (12"). I think Emma will get a new bike for her birthday, and Timmy may get one in that time frame too (we'll watch the sales).
- Spring is on its way (in addition to being "officially", at least according to the calendar, here). When we were outside yesterday, I noticed buds on Otis the willow.
- It's rainy here today, and will be for the next several days. I guess we're jumping a head a bit on the April showers!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Weekend Quick Hits
Some bits and pieces from the weekend:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment